Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Do not allow YouTube to correct your videos

As the readers of this blog know, I have been experimenting with doing video posts of my wife's pottery and uploading the videos to YouTube (MorganDrakeEckstein's channel). One of the things that I have learned is: Do not allow YouTube to correct your videos.

The YouTube auto-correction for "shakiness" ends up distorting the appearance of the pottery. Considering that it is the pottery that we want to exhibit, that is unacceptable. I do not care if one can tell that I am walking around a piece of pottery and filming.

So I would suggest that all artists and crafters who film video clips of their artwork to avoid using the YouTube suggested auto-correct for shakiness...because it was horrible to see the "weird dimension effect" as my wife described it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than fourteen days are moderated--unless there is an outbreak of trolls selling their own brand of spammy goodness, in which case, I will go back to moderating all comments. Remember my cats do not like being petted by smelly trolls or eating spam--and they are the ones that I have to please. Meow!